When you are considering filing a claim against your employer for a violation of the laws regarding wage and hour, it’s likely you feel fearful and unsure about taking that step.
At Turchik Law Firm, P.C., we have the legal knowledge and understanding to help identify whether you have a good claim and what the outcome is likely to be. During an initial consultation, our employment law attorneys will take the time to listen to you about how you are being paid, your job description and your employer’s policy and practices. We want to know how long a particular practice has been in place and whether this was an isolated case, or if other employees are being treated the same.
Answering Your Important Legal Questions About A Potential Claim
Unfortunately, some employers take advantage of their employees in multiple ways. For example:
- Misclassifying employees as exempt and not paying overtime
- Paying employees as independent contractors instead of employees
- Making employees “clock out” but continue working to finish a task
- Pressuring employees into taking work home and completing it “off the clock”
- Requiring employees to work through their lunch periods
- Rolling overtime hours into next week’s pay period so the employee does not receive the increased hourly overtime pay
We will analyze the circumstances under both Arizona and federal employment laws. Our lawyers can give you a good idea of how long the process is going to take and the impact on your employer if you sue for unpaid wages and unpaid overtime.
Get Legal Help Now
Call Turchik Law Firm, P.C., today at 520-812-6964 to set up an initial consultation. With 30 years of experience focused on employment law, we offer a straightforward, honest approach to wage and hour claims.
Located in Tucson, our law firm represents clients in Pima County, the surrounding areas and throughout Southern Arizona. We also invite potential clients to contact us online.